Saturday, August 1, 2009

early Saturday

Found a place last night near home, an outdoor cafe by the waterfront. Featuring a two-man band and some tipsy dancing Russians. I went with the neighbors...by neighbors, I mean, people in our program who live nearby. On the island. It was a perfect solution, because I was feeling antsy and really wanted to get off the island, but no one else really did, and I didn't feel like venturing out by myself. But we found a new place! There's really not that much to do close to home aside from sitting on the beach or in the park, which is fun, but not something I want to fall back on every night. So now we have somewhere cheap to hang out if we want.

I'm up early because I'm going to the synagogue this morning. I'll probably play my fiddle for a while after that and then...I don't have a plan to hang around with anyone in the afternoon, so I think it will be a good point in the trip to visit the Museum of the Arctic and Antarctic. I haven't tried to convince anyone else to go and I think I'd rather not.

My host sister, Наташа Natasha, is back from her trip to Egypt. I'm really hoping she notices that I'm more coherent after ten more days of studying, if, in fact, I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment