Friday, July 24, 2009

в Новгород to Novgorod

Tomorrow morning, we will pile on to a bus for our trip to Новгород Novgorod, a very old city south of St. Petersburg. So I won't have internet for the weekend, but that won't be so noticeable as it might have been before.

Yesterday, I went on a run for a couple of miles. I finished at around 10:00, used the bathroom, then realized that I ought to run some more. So I ran to visit three friends on the next island, called Petrograd, and we sat next to a canal and played a Russian card game that we all only sort of know how to play. They only live a few miles away, but it takes a while to walk and requires a metro transfer, so I tend to hang around with my neighbors instead. But running, it only takes 25 minutes. So I think I'll try that again some time.

наталья Natalia, my host mother, is beginning to trust me a bit with the house. I was allowed to help with dishes the other day. And she leaves me home more often now...she's not around very much between trips to the dentist and the дача dacha, summer house. So now, whenever she's gone for a few days, I'm supposed to call her in the evening and say how my day went and confirm that no one robbed the house.

I found myself starting to plan the two weeks that I'll have at home after I get back. Strange to think that we'll be wrapping things up soon. I'm going to try to get some recipes from наталья Natalia to take home and to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment