Thursday, March 26, 2009

Home

Today was a travel day. My bus from Washington left at 7am so I spent most of the trip to New York sleeping. I scheduled some time to wander around the city in between bus and train trips, which I did for about an hour, but I ended up taking an earlier train because I was really tired of carrying my backpack. And then I ended up waiting at Katie O'Byrnes (a bar/restaurant) for an hour and a half because my dad wasn't able to pick me up from the Schenectady station until he was done with work.

I felt a little silly at first: sitting at my table, sipping a Diet Pepsi, reading about the life of Andrew Carnegie (for one of my classes.) At first the waitress wasn't really sure what to do with me. But once the place started filling up, I think she was just glad to have me taking up a table and asking nothing whatsoever of her. Katie O'Byrnes is already a peculiar mix of pleasant, spacious family restaurant and dark, dingy bar, so I didn't feel too out of place contributing an air of studious coffee-bar hangout. Anyway, it was my dad's idea.

I'm not sure what to do now that I'm home. I guess I have a pile of work to do. Tomorrow my mom and I will drive to Poughkeepsie for violin lessons.

This post will end now because I got distracted and called Alex Goldberg!

No comments:

Post a Comment