Saturday, March 21, 2009

Wedding

I am at the hotel where we are staying for the wedding. There are many family members milling about! Our room has a large desk facing a window. It is much larger than my desk and, more importantly, not cluttered with all of my things. My desk at school is used mostly for storage, not work, so this is a novel experience for me.

My travel itinerary has been complicated! From Philadelphia, I will take a train to visit my sister who lives and works in Washington, D. C. I figured that I'm already halfway there and I have not much else to do over break so I might as well swing by. I'm also hoping to visit the State Department to ask someone about the status of my passport application. I've tried calling but it's very difficult to get someone on the line. It seems like if only I could get in touch with a human, things would be much less complicated and they might be able to help me. I'm a little nervous because I need my new passport soon to apply for my travel visa to Russia. I wish I had taken care of this months ago.

Time to jump into my tuxedo!

2 comments: