Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Washington D. C., Day 3

Wow! My body is very tired. Mostly because of my backpack. I basically spent the entire day either walking from one place to another or walking around museums. I ended up going to the Library of Congress, Ruth's office for lunch, the Botanical Garden, the Smithsonian Museum of American History, and the White House.

I tried to see the Executive vegetable garden and Malia and Sasha's new swing set, but I couldn't find it. But I did see a group of well-dressed, festive people waiting to enter one of the gates. I asked a security guard what they were doing and he muttered something about "some Greek holiday." But according to the White House website, what really happened is that President Obama proclaimed a new holiday: Greek Independence Day! So they must have been going to celebrate.

The Library of Congress is a very impressive building. I think I'd like to get an internship there some day if I can. There were about 50 books I wanted to buy from the gift shop. I restrained myself because it will be a long while before I have any free reading time. I did buy a dark chocolate truffle at the Godiva store on the way home, which was very delicious. 85% chocolate.

Soon I will be in Arizona! My friend Gonpo and I are supposed to figure out how to teach elementary school classes about music. I think we're going to do a lot of singing, mostly Beatles songs. Honestly, I'm not sure what's going to happen. Though I don't have a really definite plan, I have been thinking about it a lot, which usually helps. And we'll have some time to plan and rehearse the night before classes start. Should be interesting!

Here is a link to the facebook album of the pictures I took.

No comments:

Post a Comment