Saturday, May 16, 2009

Cosi fan tutte

I'm in my room. I just walked back from the Williams Opera performance of Mozart's Cosi fan tutte (Act I). Much of this work is riveted in my brain since I performed the entire work five times this summer and then excerpts with WO over Winter Study. Not that I play in operas all that often, but lately, everyone seems to be programming Cosi. While it would be nice to diversify a bit, I'm happy how things have worked out. I've come to really love the piece; it has truly become a part of me.

I'd like to go to the music party now, but it's pouring rain outside. I have a giant umbrella so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Or maybe it's not the rain. Maybe I just want to be in my room for a bit to catch my breath.

The year is ending so quickly! I really want to have another Student Symphony get-together, but time is short. I need to find a movie for us to watch. Suggestions?

This morning I sat at breakfast for a super long time with three friends, two of whom will be gone next year. I almost wrote "whill" instead of "will". We watched as the Dining Services staff switched everything from breakfast to lunch. I don't think we caused too much of an inconvenience since we stopped eating at least an hour before we left. As I sat, every twenty minutes or so I would sit up straight in my chair as my mind churned through all the things that maybe I should be doing in lieu of my vegetation...but I never came upon anything particularly pressing. So I sat and talked and ate bananas. I guess I didn't stop eating bananas an hour before I left, but those just stay out.

As I walked back to my dorm, I came upon a bit of a laundry crisis (not to mention my shower crisis). These challenges I met with ease and panache.

No comments:

Post a Comment