Tuesday, May 19, 2009

smelt fry!

My friend Lauren and I had a smelt fry the other night. We've been meaning to have a smelt fry for about a month now, and we finally bought the (frozen) smelt a couple of weeks ago. In case anyone is unsure, smelt are miniature fishes. Breaded with some spices and fried in some oil, they are very delicious! I did not mean for this to happen, but I find myself craving fried smelt as I type.

Assuming that the visa fiasco is resolved, my dad was saying that upon my return to the states, we should have a celebratory smelt fry in the back yard. There's just something about fried smelt that brings a smile to my face, warms my spirits. I suggested to Lauren that I could run a smelt fry at her graduation party, and for reasons I have not yet determined, she asked that I not.

I'd really like to fry some smelt tonight, but I have to work on this darned paper.

Lewiston Smelt Festival

No comments:

Post a Comment