Sunday, April 12, 2009

busy Sunday

It seems like everyone on campus has a lot of work today. The library is again teeming with humans after a post-Spring Break lull. I have several things due Tuesday and Wednesday which I am trying to finish before sleep tonight. I'm in the library by the coffee maker and I just finished a book of poems, A Bridge Dead in the Water by James Thomas Stevens.

I sit and study by the coffee maker because sometimes people come by and say hi to me. I have a carrel on the second floor where I am guaranteed to have total solitude, but I don't think I need or want total solitude. If I work for two hours and I'm interrupted twice, I'll still get about the same amount of work done.

I'm already behind on my running...I was going to run today but it's cold and I left all of my winter running clothing at home. How much I need to run to receive credit is very loosely defined.

Today, I invented a new food: matzoh with whitefish salad and Parmesan cheese. It will not blow your mind because it is in fact a very natural combination. In the last 48 hours I've grown very fond of whitefish salad.

I want to go to a meeting of the Kaplan Council this evening but I don't think I'll have time. Kaplan Council is a foreign policy club that meets every week to eat and talk with a guest speaker (usually a professor.) I've never been particularly involved in foreign policy type things, but I would like to be. And every week, I have an essay, Student Symphony, Symph Winds, or everything all at once, and I have to skip Kaplan Council.

Ellen and I were thinking of quitting all of our activities and spending our free time going to lectures and things. There are so many interesting lectures, almost every day, and I've only been to one or two in my entire time here. I always have a meeting or rehearsal or something that I'm not supposed to miss.

Emily, outgoing President of Dodd Neighborhood, convinced me to run (unopposed) for Competion Committee Chair in the upcoming elections. So far as I can tell, my responsibility, if elected, will be to organize fun competitions like cupcake-eating contests. I think I'll really like doing that, though it might prevent me from going to a lecture or two.

I have two recitals coming up, one at Schenectady JCC on the 19th and one at Williams on the 23rd. I've got some practicing to do so that I don't embarrass myself, but I think I'll be set in a week. Though it might prevent me from going to a lecture or two.

Happy birthday Jeremy! (My brother, second from left.)

No comments:

Post a Comment