Sunday, April 26, 2009

Family Days

I'm listening to Maxime Vengerov perform Tzigane by Maurice Ravel, a piece I'd like to play. The first long section is all on the G string, which makes it quite a bit more difficult.

Jenny, the concert manager, had a hoot at my notion that it's time to start thinking about and planning my junior recital. Apparently, at the reception for my recital on Thursday, she asked my mom if I "wrote my own birth announcement." I think she sees me as a bit of a caricature.

But, in short, I think I'm right. If I hadn't started planning this recital last spring, I probably wouldn't have gotten Brian to write the piece for me. Leading up to it, I had to worry about cleaning up spots, but not straight out learning pieces that I had never looked at. So why not start thinking about next year's program? What else am I supposed to do with myself?

Joanna wants me to have lessons while I'm in St. Petersburg and Mystic. My only hesitation is that it might be nice to have a break. I'm not sure how worthwhile having a break would be, especially if I have any interest in improving, but it's something that's been on my mind.

I'm not sure where my parents wandered off to. They're supposed to meet me here now. (They're here for parent's weekend.) Then we'll go to the Family Days brunch at the J. Everyone tells me that my dad and I are identical. I don't really see it, but I certainly don't deny it. That would be futile.

Berkshire Symph soloists were superb last night: Alicia, Alex, and Tiffany. I can't get enough of that Mozart. OK, parents just arrived. Like a little tornado!

No comments:

Post a Comment