Thursday, April 30, 2009

assorted thoughts and bbq

These days I have very little interest in alone time. Usually when I'm alone I end up writing on this. I haven't always been this way and I probably won't continue to be forever. I'm not sure what it is. As I meet more people on campus, I've realized that there are probably lots of people I haven't met that I'd really like to meet. And alone time just seems less appealing.

I think this is why I've been piling on extra-curriculars this semester and spending a wee bit less time on schoolwork.

I recently learned that one of the music profs has done extensive research on Bob Dylan. I'm not quite sure what about Bob Dylan, but I'm thinking about doing some sort of independent study with him, maybe junior spring. He also teaches a course called "Words in American Music of the 60s and 70s" or something like that. All of this would definitely fit into American Studies. Yay!

The Yom Ha'atzmaut (Israel's birthday) bbq was a success. Given that there was nice weather, free food, and music, I would have been pretty surprised if it wasn't a success. But the whole jewboard put a lot into it and made the whole thing very smooth. It's nice to be part of a group of people who care. I ran the popcorn machine again, a wonderful task of which I will never tire.

No comments:

Post a Comment