Thursday, April 9, 2009

Seder afterglow

I really like Passover seders. I've never led one before because my mom always leads it at home. But she faxed me some of our home texts so I could follow along with something familiar.

I'm happy with how the whole thing turned out. People were afraid to sing enthusiastically at first, but by the last two songs especially, a spirit had emerged. I think it helped when I demonstrated the dances that go along with the songs.

I learned how to make origami frogs today! I decided that we needed some for the seder tables. They're actually very easy to make. But some of the google tutorials are really confusing, so just look for one that makes sense. I would link mine but I don't remember which one it is.

The bonfire went well. Mara and Noah showed up and we actually got a fire going and then we burned the chametz. I think we should do it every year, except maybe in the future with more pomp and perhaps marshmallows.

To get kindling for the fire I went to the Carpentry Shop in the Facilities building. I think I might want to get a job or internship there. It could be such an excellent opportunity to develop some carpentry skills. I didn't even know we had a Carpentry Shop! And I'm not sure if they take student workers. I wonder if anyone has ever asked.

It brightens my day to see people from the Arizona trip (see earlier posts) around campus. We really do have a connection now and I hope it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment